Nothing beats a hearty apple pie for thanksgiving. Make it with a twist by using Capello’s Gluten Free Lasagna for the outside crust. Cheers to another reason to be thankful for!
3 large plump round organic apples
2 apples of any kind, cored and diced
2 tablespoons low glycemic honey
1 teaspoon Ceylon cinnamon
1 teaspoon organic coconut flour
Pinch of Himalayan sea salt
2 sheets of Capello’s Gluten Free Lasagna, cut into ½-1 inch strips lengthwise
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.
2. Core your apples.
3. Cut off the tops of three large, plump apples and discard. Remove the inside of each apple with a spoon, being careful not puncture the peel.
4. Dice up the other apples, place them in a bowl, tossing them with coconut flour, honey, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt.
5. Add those diced apples to the apple bowl you have created. Cut your lasagna sheets into strips.
7. Place the strips over your apples in a criss cross formation and wet the ends of the strips with some purified water, then press the strips into the apples.
8. Sprinkle crust with cinnamon.
9. Place apples in 8×8 glass baking dish, then add water to the dish barely cover the bottom.
10. Place it in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes or until apples are soft and crust has browned.
Also See Thanksgiving Baked Apple Pie Apples