2 ripe bananas that are mashed
5 free range organic eggs
2/3 cup coconut cream (in an non-BPA container)
1/2 cup coconut flour
1 1/4 cup shredded coconut
1 tbsp. low glycemic honey
1/2 cup soaked then dehydrated walnuts
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder (aluminum and GMO free)
1 tsp. apple cider vinegar (preferably Bragg’s)
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp allspice
1 tsp. vanilla extract
4 tbsps coconut oil for greasing
1. Preheat oven to 330° F.
2. Place eggs, bananas, honey and vanilla into blender. Blend until the mixture is smooth by pulsing.
3. Add the remainder of ingredients (except shredded coconut and walnuts) and process them until completely combined.
4. Add walnuts to batter.
5. Pour batter into a cake pan well greased with coconut oil.
6. Let batter rest for 10 minutes to allow the coconut flour to absorb moisture.
7. Sprinkle the top of the batter with the shredded coconut.
8. Bake the mixture for approximately 55 minutes until it is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
9. Serve while warm or put in an airtight container in a cool dry place once it has cooled. Will store in refrigerator up to 4 days.
10. Enjoy with some wholesome butter or coconut oil.
11. You can store in the fridge for up to 4 days.