How to Make Banana Porridge Using Coconut Flour
Up for breakfast? Have this grain and dairy free porridge that offers the same satisfaction as the classic one. It has all the same rich texture with natural sweetness from banana and cinnamon. Some low glycemic berries certainly hit the spot and give you a nice vitamin boost, all while keep you gluten free!
1⁄2 cup coconut milk
1⁄2 cup purified water
1⁄4 cup organic coconut flour
1 ripe banana, mashed
1⁄2 teaspoon ground Ceylon cinnamon
1⁄4 teaspoon Mediterranean salt
2 large pastured organic eggs, lightly beaten
Side of blueberries, raspberries and/or blackberries (optional but recommended) : )
Procedure to Make Grain Free Porridge:
1. Place the coconut milk and water in a saucepan to heat to medium-low.
2. Add the coconut flour to saucepan while stirring to blend.
3. Stir in mashed banana in saucepan until blended.
4. Add cinnamon and salt to the saucepan and stir around.
5. Finally ad eggs to the saucepan and blend. Stir occasionally until the porridge becomes thick and a bit lumpy.
6. Serve warm. Leftovers may be stored in an airtight plastic container in refrigerator for a little less than a week, but can be reheated before serving.
See also: Banana Porridge