Curry is one of the most popular dishes around the world: there are thousands of varieties of curry from Thailand, India, and Japan. Even Europe has its own curry recipe. You can choose whatever thickener or ingredients in it, but one of our favorites is and one of them is coconut milk. Coconut milk is a a delicious alternative to dairy milk for baking, making deserts or making summer drinks. Milk from coconuts can also be used to add more flavor and balance the spice in curry and other savory dishes. If you have not tried using coconut milk before try this curry recipe and I’m sure you will love it.
Source: Coconut Curry Throw Together
One pound pastured chicken, cut into cubes
½ butternut squash, peeled and cubed
½ cup snap peas
½ cup baby carrots
2 heads of broccoli, roughly chopped
¾ can coconut milk
2-3 tablespoons any curry powder
1/4 teaspoon powdered chili pepper
4 tablespoon coconut flour
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat your favorite oven to 350 degrees.
- Pull out a 9 x 11 glass baking dish and toss all your chopped meat and veggies into it.
- Pour your coconut milk over it and sprinkle your spices on top. Use a large spoon to mix everything together until the broccoli is coated well.
- Now put a bit of coconut flour on top of it all and mix one more time until everything is coated. If the mixture looks a bit thick (which may occur because coconut flour is so incredibly dense) put a bit more coconut milk to the mixture and stir it up!
- Top it off with a bit of salt and ground peppercorn.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and put in your oven for about 25-30 minutes. This time will range depending on how thick you cut your chicken chunks are.
Don’t forget to top this curry dish over some Basmati rice or even better, some tasty squash noodles. Enjoy!