How to Make Chicken Enchiladas with Coconut Flour Tortillas
Like some cheese with those low carb tortillas? Try some pastured chicken in there for a memorable recipe that you’ll be muy famoso for! Ole’!
Ingredients for Coconut Flour Tortillas:
4 beaten large organic pastured eggs
3 tbsp. organic coconut flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
Ingredients for Chicken Enchiladas
2 large chicken breasts (from pastured healthy chicken)
2 cups purified water
1 tbsp. red chili powder
1 tsp. chicken bouillon (This one is basically organic if you can’t make yours fresh)
1 tsp. North Atlantic salt
8 ounces organic cream cheese
4 ounces sliced Swiss cheese (for cheese sauce)
1/2 cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese (for inner enchilada)
Procedure for Coconut Flour Tortillas
1. Mix together powders. You can use a blender to remove all the lumps or sift out lumps from coconut flour first before mixing.
2. Add in eggs and blend vigorously until mixed
4. Pour the egg mixture into the center of a large saucepan on medium heat.
5. Swirl the plate to let the egg mixture move toward the edges and use the back of a spatula to smooth out lengthwise whatever is stubborn.
6. Let is set for about 2 minutes on medium high heat until it is set in the center.
8. When it is completely set, flip carefully to the other side or tip your saucepan upside down to another hot and ready saucepan to finish each tortilla off.
9. When ready, put it aside with parchment paper between tortillas so they don’t stick together as they cool.
Procedure for Chicken Enchiladas
10. Boil the chicken with the chili powder, chicken bouillon and salt stirred into water.
11. When chicken is done cooking, remove from heat and shred the meat with a knife and fork on a good cutting board.
12. Set aside.
13. Stir in the Swiss (or cheddar) cheese into the broth that you used to boil the chicken until it melts.
14. Fill each tortilla with the shredded chicken and then roll up.
15. Line the enchiladas in a baking dish and pour the cheese sauce over the top.
16. Add about 2/3 of the Monterrey Jack shredded cheese and bake at 300 degrees Farenheit for 30 minutes.
17. Serve while still warm and feel free to add more of the shredded cheese on top with some healthy mild (or hot!) salsa.