This coconut crusted salmon dish is not only quick and easy, but it’s loaded with nutrients! Salmon is great for your heart as it contains lots of Omega-3’s. It is an excellent source of various nutrients like vitamin-D, vitamin-A and vitamin-B as well as calcium, iron, phosphorus and selenium too.
¼ cup organic coconut flour
½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
¼ tsp. North Atlantic sea salt
1 organic free-range egg, beaten
1 ½ lb. North Atlantic wild salmon skinned and sliced into pieces
1. Preheat the oven to about 375 degrees.
2. In a shallow bowl, mix the coconut flour, shredded coconut and salt. Set aside to rest.
3. Dip each of the salmon pieces in the egg and roll both sides with the coconut mixture until well coated. Lay flat on a sheet pan or parchment paper.
3. Bake the salmon for about 20 minutes, flipping once until the salmon is cooked. (Internal temperature should be above 135 degrees Farenheit) and the coconut crust is slightly browned and crisp.
4. Serve warm with some Bragg’s aminos or some tasty healthy fish sauce.
Note: You can make the crust crispier and add more color by broiling the salmon for the last 5 minutes of the cooking process.
Source: Coconut Floour Crusted Salmon