This is a great recipe to have around for special occasions. Perhaps serve some these garlic bread sticks with some melted mozzarella cheese and some picante tomato sauce. The breadsticks are sure to disappear for the moppers any extra sauce left over on plates.
1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 1/4 cups shredded mozzarella
2 tbsp. organic coconut flour
1 tbsp. heavy cream
Garlic Parmesan butter
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
2 tbsp. unsalted pastured butter
1-2 tbsp. Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
Minced organic garlic to preference
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.
2. Melt cheese in toaster oven or skillet on low: don’t overheat.
3. Add the egg, cream, and coconut flour.
4. Add any spices like crushed pepper you want at this point, but it also works to just top bread sticks with garlic butter after they are baked.
5. Knead dough until the coconut flour/egg mixture is totally mixed and then roll out between two sheets of parchment paper.
6. Slice the dough into strips using a pizza slicer (about 6 strips) and bake for about 10-15 minutes on the parchment paper.
7. Melt butter and mix with Parmesan cheese and fresh garlic. Make sure that when you mix the cheese into the butter that it becomes a thick paste.
8. Top the baked dough with garlic butter and Parmesan cheese and some more spices to keep things exciting.
9. Serve & don’t forget your dipping sauce and a napkin! : )
Notes: Go with a no sugar added pasta or pizza sauce to keep this low carb, tasty and healthy!
Source: Coconut Flour Crazy Bread