Pizza comes in many varieties: You need not stick with the traditionally pizza as a flat bread with just sauce and cheese on it, there is more! There are recipes for desert pizzas, which resemble the sweetness of a regular pie, or even recipes like chocolate pizza. This recipe however is just like a traditional pizza but it will be made more healthy. No, millions of people have made the switch because of the growing popularity of nutrition and wellness. This recipe make pizza healthy and fun by using coconut flour instead of regular flour or bread flour, while adding lots of color and nutrients with varieties of squash and even some flax and nutritional yeast.
Source: Coconut Flour Pizza
Check out this variation:
- About 6 cups spaghetti squash, cooked
- One medium-sized zucchini
- 2 pastured eggs
- 3 tbsps nutritional yeast (you can also use wholesome mozzarella cheese instead)
- 1 tbs coconut flour
- 1 tbs ground flax meal
- 2 tsp garlic or onion powder/granulated garlic or onion
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- Sprinkle of fresh-ground black pepper
- Roast your spaghetti squash . Check out this quick guide on how to cook the squash.
- Keep the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- After letting the squash cool down, remove the flesh from the shell with a fork. Drain out the excess water from the squash by wrapping it with a cheese cloth or tea towel and wringing out the water. It is a tedious process but important to ensure that the crust does not get too moist.
- Take the spaghetti squash deseeded pulp and mix it with all other ingredients with a large spoon or food processor.
- Spread the dough on a parchment-lined baking sheet or silicone mat. Make either one large pizza or two smaller ones.
- Be careful not to spread the dough too thin because it will cause the dough to crack.
- Bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the crust starts to brown and the crust is firm to touch.
- Remove crust from oven and add your favorite sauce and toppings, including the zucchini slices.
- Bake the pizza in the oven again at 400 degrees F for about 10 to 15 minutes.