Indulge yourself for an excellent treat of strawberry shortcake made from coconut flour during parties since you can garnish it to add to its appeal. When strawberries are in season, it’s a no brainer!
2 cups almond flour
½ cup organic coconut flour
½ cup shredded coconut
2 tbsp. baking powder
1 tbsp. organic whole sugar
1 cup pastured non-GMO milk
1 tsp. sea salt
1 large egg
½ cup coconut oil
Fresh organic strawberries
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Organic Ceylon Cinnamon
1 cup heavy cream
1. Start mixing the dry ingredients together except for the toppings (i.e. the strawberries). Set to the side.
2. Get another bowl and whisk the dry ingredients together.
3. Combine the wet and dry ingredients together. Mix them until the dough is finely textured. Don’t overly mix.
4. Flatten the dough, with about 2 inches of thickness before cutting them up and putting them in Place mixture in an ungreased 8-inch square pan and bake until golden.
5. Bake for about 12-14 minutes at 450 degrees. Use toothpick to see if cooked all the way through.
6. Once cooked, you can take them out and allow your cake to cool
7. Put the whipping out the cream, fruit, and cinnamon as toppings and cut into individual servings.
Note: The key is to mix ingredients together smoothly but not too much that it would ruin the texture of your shortcake! (You can adjust the use of cream and vanilla depending on how sweet you want it).