Having trouble with picky eaters? Let your kids devour in these gluten free coconut nuggets for a tasty treat for great behavior!
Ingredients for Coconut Nugget
1/4 cup coconut sugar
1/2 cup raw low glycemic honey
1 1/2 cup unrefined coconut oil, melted
2 tsp. real vanilla extract
2 large organic eggs
2 cups organic coconut flour
2 cups almond flour
3 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. sea salt
2 cups cooked, mashed carrots or pumpkin
2 cups chopped soaked then dehydrated walnuts
2 cups fine coconut sugar
2-3 tsp. whole milk
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a bowl, cream together sugar, honey, coconut oil, vanilla, eggs and flour.
3. Add baking soda and salt, combine well, then add mashed carrots or pumpkin.
4. Fold in chopped walnuts.
5. Drop rounded teaspoons onto greased cookie sheets.
6. Bake for 8 – 10 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and allow completely before frosting with icing.
Note: You can grind your own almond flour by placing whole almonds in a blender and pulsing until you get a fine meal.
Also See: Coconut Nugget Recipe