- 3 organic egg yolks
- 3 egg whites from organic eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 cup healthy milk
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla if sweet
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup, optional
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- bacon grease or lard or coconut oil for iron
- Preheat waffle iron.
- In a medium bowl, whisk egg yolks and milk.
- Add almond flour and salt. Combine until it is smooth.
- Add melted coconut oil or butter.
- Whisk egg whites until they form moist, stiff peaks.
- Fold about ¼ of egg whites into batter. Fold batter into remaining egg whites in three parts.
- Add maple syrup and vanilla. Mix well.
- Scoop 1/3 C. of batter onto a preheated and greased waffle iron. Do not smooth the top of the batter before closing the top of the iron. Close the lid gently!
- Cook until golden brown.