Getting a hold of some healthy fish sticks is no easy chore nowadays, let alone some healthy fish. We find ours (i.e. usually Tilapia or even Catfish) at Whole Foods. Let your little ones enjoy a savory fix with this easy to prepare healthy fish sticks and throw in a side of some mild salsa for dipping.
1-2 lbs. fish of choice (catfish, cod, halibut, tilapia etc.)
2-3 large eggs (depends on how much fish you use)
¾ cup organic coconut flour seasoned with organic garlic, sea salt, pepper, basil or cayenne
2 tbsp. Romano cheese (optional)
¼ cup room temp unrefined virgin coconut oil
1. If using frozen fish fillets, cut them with a knife while they are still partially frozen. If you use fresh fish, some good kitchen scissors work great.
2. Beat eggs in a small bowl.
3. In a different bowl, combine coconut flour, spices, and fine grated cheese.
4. Dip fish in the egg and coat it evenly with the gluten-free breading.
5. Heat the coconut oil from the skillet to medium high.
6. Cook the fish in small batches. Flip on each side within 3-4 minutes to cook through until golden brown.
7. Dry your fish sticks on a (paper or otherwise) towel-lined plate.
8. Serve while still warm.
See Also: Homemade Fish Sticks