Here’s another simple yet amazing coconut flour recipe that will surely captivate your heart. These spectacular cupcakes are gluten-free and not only easy to make, but they are also the most delicious ones to add that simple pleasure back to you and yours!
1/2 cup melted organic butter
2/3 cup coconut sugar
1/2 tsp North Atlantic salt
1/2 cup sifted organic coconut flour
1 tsp baking powder (aluminum and GMO free)
2 tsp real vanilla extract (gluten free)
6 large organic eggs
2 tbsp of whole organic milk
1/2 cup shredded coconut, toasted (for topping)
Frosting (you can also use plain organic yogurt instead to avoid extra sugar)
1/2 cup (8 tablespoons) organic butter
1 tsp gluten-free vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups glazing sugar
2 tbsp whole milk
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F, and line a two six-muffin pans with 10 paper cupcake liners.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons of milk, 1/2 cup melted butter, 2/3 cup coconut sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, and six large eggs.
3. In a separate mixing bowl, add 1/2 cup coconut flour and 1 teaspoon baking powder.
4. Add the dry mixture to the wet ingredients, and mix well
5. Evenly divide batter among the ten muffin cups, filling each cup 3/4 full
6. Bake the cupcakes on center rack of your oven about 20 minutes, until toothpick pushed into the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
7. Take the cupcakes out of your oven. Let them cool in a pan for five minutes, then transfer them to a rack to cool completely before you put on the frosting.
8. To make frosting, you can beat 1/2 cup butter until it becomes fluffy. Then, mix in a pinch of salt and one teaspoon of the vanilla extract.
9. Add 2 1/2 cups glazing sugar and 2 tablespoons milk, and beat mixture until smooth. Add additional sugar (up to 1/2 cup) to make a smoother, more spreadable frosting.
10. Scoop the frosting into a gallon-sized Ziplock bag and snip off one of the corners with scissors. Pipe the frosting onto the cupcakes, and sprinkle them with a little toasted coconut.
11. Serve! These cupcakes can be great while still warm, but will keep in airtight plastic container for one week if put in a cool dry place.
NOTE: If you are going the yogurt route for your frosting, you will want to eat whatever you have topped right away!