Hey, sometimes you just want to pop a cold one and congratulate yourself for not destroying your health and being so good. Why not celebrate with the mini chocolate chunk cookies made with coconut flour? Yes, you can be a champ and make your own gluten, nut, egg and grain free fluffy mini chocolate cookie snacks!
1 tsp. white chia seeds
3 tbsp. hot water
½ cup coconut oil, at room temperature
¼ cup pastured low glycemic honey
1 tsp. real vanilla extract
½ cup organic coconut flour
¼-1/3 cup non-GMO semi-sweet chocolate chunks (make some yourself if needed!)
1/4 cup soaked then dehydrated walnuts, finely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit and line a baking sheet parchment paper.
2. In a small, stainless steel bowl, add chia seeds and hot purified water. Let the mixture sit for 15 minutes to create your chia eggs.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, add room temp unrefined coconut oil and real honey; then mix until light and fluffy.
4. Mix vanilla and chia “egg” together well.
5. Sift the coconut flour to remove lumps within, but retain about 3 tablespoons coconut flour
6. Add the rest of the coconut flour gradually to the medium bowl until thicken.
7. Let it sit for 2 minutes. and then check the firmness of the dough. It should be firm but sticky like regular cookie dough. If the dough is too sticky, add more coconut flour in; if not sticky enough, add more coconut flour. Wait for another 2 minutes before checking it again until you get it just right.
8. Once the dough is the right texture, add in the chocolate chunks and walnuts. Yay!
9. Using a teaspoon, form little balls, using your hands to flatten the dough.
10.Place place your embryonic chocolate chunk cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
10. Bake for about 12 minutes. Edges and bottom should be very lightly browned.
11. Remove the baked cookies from the oven, and let them cool for about 10 minutes on the sheet.
12. Serve and enjoy!
NOTE: These cookies will keep in an airtight container in a dry cool place for about two weeks.