Check out this tasty loaf of banana bread made from coconut flour…
1 cup ripe banana, mashed
3/4 cup coconut flour, sifted
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
1/3 cup honey
8 large eggs beaten
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla extract
A pinch of salt
1/3 cup chopped pecans (optional/don’t add pecans if allergic to nuts)
1. Preheat oven to 350 °F and lightly grease a regular loaf pan with cooking spray.
2. Whisk together all of the ingredients (except for the pecans) in a mixing bowl, stirring until smooth.
3. Fold in the pecans then pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
4. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
5. Cool for 10 minutes in pan before turning out on a wire rack.
We use honey instead of processed sugar, which doesn’t seem to affect blood sugar or symptoms of inflammation as much.
Please let us know how you like your banana bread. Have you ever added any shredded coconut or raisins to it (try the coconut)? Let’s face it, we here at CCL are impartial to coconut. If you are out of stock, you might want to check out our special launch price on Cookoo for Coconut. Just use code COCONU3L at checkout to get the best price on Amazon for a 3-lb bag and by going here and receive our highly acclaimed Great Coconut Flour Recipes compendium! — Michael