Why hold out for stale glutinous GMO pizza when you can have this must try grain free pizza that is natural and super tasty! A hassle-free recipe that you can make, no more waiting for the dough to rise! If you like crispy, thin crust, you are going to fall in love with this crust. : )
½ cup organic coconut flour
3 pastured eggs
1 can coconut milk
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. onion powder
½ tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. (aluminum and corn-starch free) baking powder
¼ tsp. North Atlantic sea salt
¼ tsp. rosemary
¼ tsp. chili powder
¼ tsp. basil
¼ tsp. sage
1 can artichoke hearts (preferrably fresh then boiled instead)
6 eggs, whisked
½ lb breakfast (non-GMO) sausage
1 red onion, sliced
8-10 sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
1 cup organic baby spinach
6-8 garlic cloves, peeled
3 tbsp. virgin coconut oil
How to Make Pizza Dough:
1. Preheat your oven to about 425 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients (coconut flour, seasonings, baking soda and powders).
3. Add the wet ingredients to the bowl: i.e. eggs and coconut milk. Whisk all ingredients together and let mixture sit for about 2 minutes to let thicken.
4. Lay parchment paper down on cookie sheet. Pour the batter on the cookie sheet and use a spatula to smooth it out.
5. Bake for about 20-22 minutes. Once it is golden brown, use the parchment paper to flip the pizza crust over onto the cookie sheet. Be careful as it can break easily.
How to Make the Toppings:
1. Put a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook your breakfast sausage through. Once fully cooked, place on a plate and set aside.
2. Into the skillet, add 1 tbsp. of coconut oil and onion and start to caramelize. Stir occasionally to be sure they don’t get burnt.
3. While the onions caramelize, grab out a small pot, add a bit of coconut oil and two tablespoons of water with the baby spinach,
garlic cloves, and sun-dried tomatoes. Mix around until coated and pour 1 tbsp. of water and cover up and let steam.
4. When onions are done caramelizing (and artichokes are cooked through if you doing them fresh in another pot), remove from spinach, garlic, onions and tomatoes from heat and place with the breakfast sausage.
5. Crack the eggs and put in the used skillet and use a spatula to scramble them up.
6. Once the crust is baked and flipped, top it with olive oil, scrambled eggs, breakfast sausage, onions, garlic cloves, spinach, artichoke, and sun-dried tomatoes.
7. Turn on the oven broiler on high and put the pizza back in for 2-3 minutes until top is perfectly cooked.
8. Allow to cool for about a minute before slicing. Serve and enjoy!
Source: Breakfast Pizza