Too good! Here’s a hearty and healthy way to satisfy your cravings with this fully flavor paleo savory slow cooker set of pork chops.
3 tbsp. extra virgin coconut oil
9 thick-sliced boneless pork chops
½ cup organic coconut flour
2 tbsp. tapioca starch
1 tbsp. sea salt
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1½ tsp. ground mustard
Approximately 16 oz (2 cans) chilled, full-fat coconut milk (BPA free or fresh)
2 tbsp. tapioca starch (to be added to white cream at the end of cooking)
1 tsp. ground mustard
1 tsp. minced garlic
½ tsp. black pepper
1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh parsley
½ teaspoon sea salt
1. Heat the coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat.
2. In a bowl, mix the coconut flour, tapioca starch, salt, garlic powder, onion powder and ground mustard until well combined.
3. Coat each side of the pork chops in your flour mixture.
4. Place the coated pork chop into your skillet, then cook for about 3-4 minutes on alternate sides until golden brown.
5. Once the they are browned, now you put them in a slow cooker.
6. Take out coconut milk that has been chilled cold. Scoop out the white cream that should be firm. Place it in a bowl to refrigerate and use later. Pour the coconut water that remains on the pork chops.
7. In a small bowl, mix together the seasonings (ground mustard, minced garlic, parsley, black pepper and salt).
8. Sprinkle those seasonings on top of the pork chops to soak in.
9. Cover and cook on low heat all day for about 7-8 hours.
10. During its last 30-45 minutes of the chops’ cooking, mix together the firm white coconut cream and another 2 tablespoons of tapioca starch.
11. Scoop this mixture randomly on top of the pork chops.
12. Cover the slow cooker once again to allow the cream to melt on top of the pork chops.
13. Serve this with sweet potatoes and hearty vegetables like kale and broccoli.
Also See: Paleo Slow Cooker Pork Chops