Ever tried these savory coconut fried shrimp treats? You won’t be sorry that you’ve delved into this hearty, tasty, filling foods. They are gluten free, low carb and DELICious!
Making fried shrimp at home has never been easier. Try this fried shrimp batter with your favorite dipping sauce, and you’ll find it is among the top fried shrimp batter recipes. No need for bread crumbs here, just healthy gluten-free coconut flour!
1. Egg and Bacon Coconut Flour Muffins
Coconut Flour Muffins with Egg & Bacon!
- 4 pastured eggs*
- 1/4 cup organic sour cream
- 4 TBS coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder – learn how to make your own here
- 8 strips cooked pasture raised bacon, chopped up
- 1/2 cup organic cheese (we like to use pepper jack)
- 1/2 cup of organic greens (we like to use kale or spinach)
- Pre heat oven to 375°.
- Mix eggs and sour cream together.
- Add coconut flour, salt, baking powder, bacon, cheese and greens.
- Stir batter and let it sit for approximately 5 minutes.
- Pour the batter evenly into 4 large muffin cups or 6 small muffin cups.
- Make sure to only fill 3/4 full. The muffins will rise while baking.
- Bake muffins for 15-18 minutes, or until the top of the muffins are golden brown.
- Let muffins cool before serving.
Enjoy! This recipe is very flexible. You can omit the sour cream if you don’t eat dairy. The sour cream makes these muffins a little less dense and more “fluffy”. You can also swop sausage or steak in place of the bacon if you prefer.