•Cinnamon Tea is a fragrant, healthy drink made by boiling Ceylon cinnamon sticks.
• It is naturally sweet with zero sugar, and has a robust full body taste without any bitterness or astringency and without the problems affecting your body chemistry like keto sweeteners.
• The tea has many benefits, including boosting alertness and memory, helping with arthritis pain, and normalizing blood sugar and inflammation.
Ceylon Cinnamon Tea: The Best Cinnamon Tea from True Cinnamon Sticks
When it comes to cinnamon, there are many different varieties to choose from. But if you’re looking for a truly unique flavor experience, Ceylon cinnamon tea is the way to go.
Here’s what you need to know about this delicious and health-promoting type of tea.
Benefits of Ceylon Cinnamon Tea
Ceylon cinnamon tea boasts numerous health benefits thanks to its high concentration of antioxidants and other natural compounds. Some of the most well-known benefits include:
Reduced Inflammation: Drinking Ceylon cinnamon tea can help reduce inflammation throughout the body. This is thanks to the presence of cinnamaldehyde, an antioxidant compound that gives cinnamon its signature flavor. In fact, studies have shown that cinnamaldehyde can be even more effective at reducing inflammation than ibuprofen!
Weight Loss: If you’re trying to lose weight, this naturally sweet tea can help by boosting your metabolism and supporting healthy digestion. Additionally, the unique flavor of Ceylon cinnamon will satisfy your sweet tooth without any added sugar.
Diabetes Management: Clinical studies have shown that drinking Ceylon cinnamon tea can help manage type 2 diabetes by reducing fasting blood sugar levels and increasing insulin sensitivity. If you have diabetes or are at risk for developing it, consider adding a cup or two of this delicious tea to your daily routine.
How to Make Ceylon Cinnamon Tea
Now that you know all about the amazing benefits of Ceylon cinnamon tea, let’s get to the good part: making it! Here’s a simple recipe for delicious and health-boosting Ceylon cinnamon tea:
See the video.
Ingredients: 1 cup water, 1 Ceylon cinnamon stick, Honey (optional). Milk (optional)
- Place 1.5 cups water into a pot or glass kettle, Add one Ceylon Cinnamon Stick (3 inch length). Close the lid.
- To extract all the cinnamon from cinnamon sticks, you need to slow boil them. To do this, bring the water to a slow boil in a pan or stovetop kettle. Start the heat setting at medium low so it boils slowly, moving to medium, and then medium high, every 5 minutes until 25 minutes is up and it has been boiling for at least 5 minutes. Note – even after the water has come to a boil, the color of the water may only be changed slightly to pale yellow. Only when the cinnamon stick cools does the balance of flavor get released into tea. When water starts bubbling, remove it from heat and let it steep/rest for 15 minutes.
- The water will gradually cool the Ceylon Cinnamon stick, and you’ll see the color change from pale yellow to golden red. Strain the tea through a fine strainer so that no small cinnamon slivers end up in your cup. Yields 1.25 cups.
Ceylon cinnamon tea remains great, any time of year, as a cold brew in hot weather or a hot drink in cold weather to refresh and strengthen and keep you clear of the enemies of your health. But of course the luxurious sensation of true cinnamon is something to appreciate, especially when you consider it was once more costly than gold and it’s known for results like this:
Of course all this begs the question, how can you find real Ceylon cinnamon? Knowing how to find real Ceylon cinnamon sticks usually isn’t that hard because of the delicate texture and tight roll of the average Ceylon cinnamon quill. But freshness and purity is another question. At CCL, our generational farmers are from none other than Ceylon, where Ceylon cinnamon originated. Our artisans handcraft each quill so you get fair trade certified work of expertly carved cinnamon at a good price in addition to our USDA organic certification and Beyond Organic promise.
So why delay? We’ve locked in incredible freshness in our mylar foil sealed bag so you not only have fresh cinnamon that keeps on giving but also gift-worthy quality you can share with friends and family. Come visit us today and pick up the e-book by best-selling author Michael DiSalvo with any order: Ceylon Cinnamon Delicacies and Crafts, free.
Having a delicious cinnamon tea brewed fresh is great at any time of the year, and is good both hot and cold. But if you’ve been wanting to learn more about how to find the best Ceylon cinnamon and all of its amazing health benefits, visit us at the link below or at CoconutCountryLiving.com. We are Coconut Country Living and we are healing the world through tasty superfoods. Will you join us? Come and see!