Have you ever tried coconut butter candy– like the healthy kind?
Today, I have a treat for you as we are going to use that creamed coconut to not only make something healthy, but I’ll help you make it super tasty, anti inflammatory paleo and ketogenic, so even superfood humbugs will be clamoring for more!
To start with, and to be honest, I have mixed feelings on the 4th of July. I have fond memories of seeing Tampa’s favorite soccer team, the Rowdies, play on the 4th, and the amazing fireworks we saw afterwards. All those cool fireworks I leafed through in the pyrotechnic catalogs I was sent a couple weeks before really had my imagination running wild.
After all, what young man doesn’t have thoughts of, “What can I blow up with the biggest display of it possible?”
On the other hand, I’ve become a bit jaded about just how independent we really are. Seems the responsibilities of being an adult and being bossed around now and again by big government (especially when it comes to food) can get me a bit annoyed.
But rather than lament the unscrupulous politicians who don’t really seem too concerned with giving us healthy food and who would be happy to take away healthy goat milk from even a little baby 😕, why not fondly remember the great patriots of yesteryear by bringing something healthy and tasty to this amazing holiday?
This is why I’d like to introduce you to our experiments with coconut butter.
I’d look up some coconut butter recipes online, and some of them looked pretty interesting. But not many took advantage of the natural colors present in AMAZING superfruits like cherries and blueberries.
So, we started our experiment with blueberries, walnuts, and strawberries, which we had on hand.
Here’s the scoop.
INGREDIENTS AND MATERIALS
- Silicone Candy Molds
You might like the variety pack that gives not only stars, but hearts and shells too.
- Coconut Butter 12 oz (should be plenty)
- 6 oz strawberries or pitted cherries (organic)
- 6 oz fresh blueberries (organic)
- Soaked then dehydrated (or toasted) walnuts
- Juice your blueberries and strawberries/cherries, cleaning between juicing
- Make sure your juices are in separate containers
- Transfer your juices to separate small saucepans and heat on medium low for 8-10 mins
- Meanwhile, fill a small or medium saucepan with 1-2 inches of water
- Insert your coconut butter jar (should be a glass one) and heat on medium low until it is super soft and runny (about 10 minutes)
- After having cooked off the the extra liquid in your blueberry and strawberry or cherry juice, slowly pour in your coconut butter into each pot (approximately 4 oz each)
- Scoop (preferably with a small gravy spoon) your flavored coconut butter into separate columns.
- Add plain coconut butter and then sprinkle chopped nuts to the middle column of stars until about half full in each space. Then add rest of coconut butter to sandwich your nuts.
- Wrap silicone in aluminum and keep it horizontal in freezer for a good 3 hours until it is hard.
- Serve when ready and eat them up (best served inside or eat right away if serving out in the heat). Enjoy!
RUNNING LOW ON COCONUT BUTTER?
We at Coconut Country Living have a hard time saying anything bad about old-fashioned dairy butter. It really is super healthy for you (yes, raw, from a well-maintained dairy). But it’s also hard to compare it to coconut butter, since it’s the most marvelous treat in the world!
Question: If you’re ready to take the plunge into the wonderful world of coconut butter, what are you waiting for?
In our search into the deep tropical jungles and white sandy beaches (okay, okay, I know you feel sorry for us 😉) of Coconut Country, we believe we’ve finally found the perfect coconut butter.
No, nothing has been artificially put in it so that the butter is automatically soft. And yes, you still want to heat it so the creamy layer on top mixes with the rest. But once you soften it up a bit or put it on something hot: Look out!
CCL is therefore proud to bring you our Beyond Organic Coconut Butter in a glass jar, at a special introductory price (yeah, it makes Amazon happy and our loyal customers too 😀) in June 2017.
Not only will you get that luscious creaminess and tastiness coconut butter is famous for, in this introductory offer, you’ll also get some amazing treat in Coconut Butter Recipes: Keto, Paleo, Savory & Sweet.
You’ll receive this e-book, free, with any size order of this famed coconut cream concentrate.
But please be warned, our supplies are limited, and we have sold out (too many times!) before.
So are you ready to take your cooking, meals, treats, and diet to the next level? Jump on board and we’ll see you in Coconut Country. Take Me to Amazon