The Surprising Beauty Benefits of Cinnamon
It was a weird way to find out the amazing (and necessary) benefits of cinnamon for beauty.
I got myself caught up reading review after review of figuring out whether Himalayan pink salt was the real deal or if sea salt was actually better for you.
Then the unexpected happened.
Someone in the thread wasn’t quite ready to say that sea salt was superior to the ancient salt from the Himalayas,
And why, you might ask?
Tiny little pieces of plastic, enough to mess up your hormones and make you sick, had been discovered in a random sample of sea salt off the coast of South China.
Plastic in sea salt?
Yes, the tiny artificial microbeads, found in women’s makeup all over the world, had become so distributed in the ocean water that they were now sticking to, becoming part of the natural salt of the sea. This is the same salt many of us use because we think it is “natural”.
So the question is: Is a little plastic off South China really an indication of a bigger problem?
Sadly, from what I’ve seen and studied, I’m ready to say so.
We Americans are not only using beauty products that contain plastic, but the plastic in our oceans, and even in our drinking water, has reached critical mass.
Check this out.
If just one of these swirling dervishes of plastic the size of TWO Texases isn’t enough to freak you out, I don’t know what will.
There are plenty of reasons to avoid microbeads in your makeup, but if seeing the horror of a whole continent worth of melted plastic floating on the sea isn’t good enough for you, it may be time to go back to Maybeline. ?
But for those more enlightened and seeking the ancient secrets of beauty from the fair skinned ladies of Asia, we were lucky enough to come up with these hot tips for stunning beauty from that humble spice named CINNAMON.
It’s no wonder why cinnamon has been utilized for a considerable length of time in conventional Chinese and Ayurvedic treatments to cure ailments.
For starters, its zest contains calcium, fiber, iron and manganese, and inside its bark are oils that help the body rejuvenate and restore.
At the point when natural ground cinnamon is joined with other handy household items, for example, olive oil and brown sugar, it can make for an incredible formula for lasting beauty.
So let’s see how these wonderful elixirs and natural compounds make up some astonishing uses of cinnamon to enhance beauty.
- Lip plumper. You don’t need to go the restorative surgery course to get puckered up like Angelina Jolie.
Just mix a tiny bit of cinnamon with a little organic virgin coconut oil. Rub this around onto your lips and give yourself a congratulatory “Mwa!” and you’ll be ready to go for the day or evening.
Now, note: You will may feel a slight tingly sensation from the flavor — so never apply dry cinnamon (especially the cassia variety) directly skin, as it can cause irritation or redness.
Feel free to include another layer of coconut oil and you’ll have substantially more full lips.
- Fight acne & blemishes. Cinnamon helps with treatment of skin inflammation, pimples, while also evening skin tone. Just blend 1 tbsp cinnamon powder and 3 tbsp honey and apply this on pimples. Leave this mixture overnight or for at least 20 minutes before washing with warm water.
This mix can likewise declog pores and allow oxygen to heal and blood to come to the surface to flush away toxins. In any case, this must not be utilized more than once every week since it can cause skin irritation.
You can also take care of business with your pores by using a custom made skin inflammation treatment made out of 3 tablespoons of raw honey and one teaspoon of cinnamon. Whip into a thick glue that will take after chocolate so you can nicely coat it smooth onto your face.
The cinnamon will stop the skin inflammation-causing microbes, and the honey will work to diminish redness and reestablish the proper moisture for your skin.
Leave this on for about ten minutes (or until the point that it begins to dry), at that point wash off and pat your face clean.
- Feeds and rejuvenates the scalp.
Cinnamon can likewise be utilized to feed your scalp. Just make this hair mask utilizing 1 tsp ground cinnamon, ¼ tsp warm olive oil and 1 tbsp real honey. Rub and massage this into the scalp and then leave it on for 15 minutes.
You can wash off this mixture, and you’ll notice it does wonders to invigorate the scalp and give badly needed food to hair follicles.
- Hair growth treatment. Balding can be an awful ordeal, regardless of the reason. One approach to invigorate actual hair growth while giving your scalp some love is by utilizing a weekly cinnamon hair mask.
(You should take care to counsel with a specialist before attempting this particular treatment, in the off chance that you do have a delicate scalp.)
Go ahead and blend two tablespoons of cinnamon and your old friend honey into a half cup of warm real organic olive oil. Add one organic oegg to thicken the mask. Put this mixture over your wet hair and let it set for 10 to 15 minutes. Then wash out with a healthy shampoo.
- Breath freshener. Got awful breath? Just chew on a couple of cinnamon sticks or rinse with warm cinnamon water to sweeten things up! This is a great way to get a no calorie snack too!
- Dry skin scour for baby soft skin
- Nobody likes to stroll around with “gator skin.” To scruff away dead skin cells and reestablish smooth and delicate feel, consider a do-it-without anyone’s help cleanse made out of ocean salt, almond oil, olive oil, honey and ground cinnamon. Your skin will feel much better and the beauty will resonate from within you.
- Renew dry unattractive skin while evening complexion.
Cinnamon is said to enhance even beautiful skin by its plumping effect. This means now you can invigorate blood flow and have it hug the surface of the skin to make your complexion more even. Just utilize a blend of 3 drops oil of cinnamon leaf and 2 tbsp genuine olive or coconut oil.
Apply this blend to see a real difference in your skin, but be careful not to get the mix near your eyes.
The skin soon plumps out and patches or blotches turn out to be less obvious.
As we’ve seen this mixture can even be used to plump up lips while making them naturally glisten.
Another cinnamon mix that contains fine Himalayan pink salt, almond oil, nectar and olive oil acts great as an exfoliant to slough off dead skin cells. This can be used reestablishes the sparkle and suppleness of your skin naturally.
In fact, you can even treat roughened feet with a foot bath comprising of lemon juice, olive oil, hot water and ground cinnamon.
Just soak for 30 minutes and towel off as normal. You’ll be shocked to see how differently your feet feel. Repeat two or three more nights as necessary to get them back to baby soft.
- Get Rid of EczemaDermatitis is a condition in which skin gets reddened and irritated. Countless conditions are assembled under the term ‘dermatitis’. The most well-known kind of skin inflammation is atopic dermatitis, which is an inherited condition. The real cause for dermatitis might seem obscure, yet the most essential reason it is present is actually an overreaction by the body’s immune system against an irritant or allergen in the environment. Dermatitis can turn into an extremely disturbing skin condition that leaves light hued patches in various places of the body. A few people have discovered that utilizing 1 tsp cinnamon and 1 tsp honey on these patches can really help.Be that as it may, this mix must not be utilized on the face for it can cause irritation to more sensitive skin. You should also use a skin test before utilizing this cinnamon mixture on your skin in general.
Lessens symptoms of aging
Cinnamon used on the skin appears to build collagen levels for up to six hours after it is rubbed in. And remember, breakdown of collagen makes the skin lose versatility, translating to old saggy skin.
We know cinnamon works because at the point when cinnamon was utilized as an inducer for skin fibroblast cells, a study found there was an expansion in the levels of collagen protein, with no cytotoxic impacts.
In this way, cinnamon can be a powerful force to advance collagen biosynthesis. Via completing analyses like fluid chromatography and atomic attractive reverberation, it was found that the specific compound to promote collagen levels is actually cinnamaldehyde, the most marvelous substance found in cinnamon.
This is why a homemade cinnamon cream regularly applied can help your skin feel and look and actually be a bit younger.
- Massage lotion
Cinnamon oil enhances blood flow. By using a mixture of cinnamon leaf oil for your massages, you will improve not only the feel, but the tone of your skin. You will find the lovely scent of natural cinnamon will promote stress-relief while improving brain function, boosting energy, improve mood and mental focus, and can even help relieve depressive symptoms.
I’m sure you’ll enjoy this use of cinnamon the best, so you can look and feel great!
To sum up, cinnamon has not only extraordinary health benefits, but can help you look and feel beautiful.
It should be noted though, that cassia, or common, cinnamon has very high levels of coumarin, which are toxic in large doses internally.
This is why most people would want to stick with the safer, milder “true” cinnamon, aka Ceylon cinnamon, which has ultra low levels or coumarin.
So ready to get started? Please let us know if YOU have tried any of these uses of cinnamon for beauty!
What is YOUR favorite?
Winter is almost here!
Coconut Country Living is preparing for winter, and we want to make sure you are able to get some of the best cinnamon hacks so you can make it through unscathed.
That’s why we’re offering our free Ceylon cinnamon secrets book.
The challenge, though is getting some cinnamon before we are out of stock!
Please hit us up at firstname.lastname@example.org if you aren’t able to get it at the already low price (price is eventually going up with each sale until we sell out).
If you aren’t able to get it with the free e-book, we’ll be the first to let you know when we have some more in late November.
And please let us know how you like the e-book and cinnamon. We boosted up the grade of cinnamon in this shipment so you could get a little bit of extra sweetness while still having it ultra safe with its low coumarin.
Stay tuned for amazing recipes, and enjoy the cinnamon! MD