Here are some great coconut flour muffins that are gluten and grain-free, but also offer a creamy texture, with the benefits of turmeric and ginger (and some cool Belgian chocolate and walnut options!).
We’ve linked up to our products, in case you would like some cool e-books that are now available with any purchase. — Michael
(adapted from Paleo Hacks—notice that by tripling the recipe for 8 muffins, it will fit four six-muffin tins)
- 6 large organic pastured eggs
- ½ cup unsweetened organic coconut milk
- ⅓ cup real honey
- 1 t vanilla extract
- ¾ cup + 2 Tablespoons sifted organic coconut flour
- ½ t baking soda
- 2 t turmeric root powder
- ½ t ginger root powder
- Organic virgin coconut oil (our favorite!) for greasing or extra anti-inflammatory punch
- Pinch of sea salt and organic black pepper
- 2 ounces Belgian chocolate (Kroger’s Private Selection 62% Dark Chocolate Chunks is great)
Or 2 ounces of soaked then dehydrated walnuts (we used Costco’s Kirkland brand)
● Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a muffin tin with your 8 muffin liners.
● In a large mixing bowl, add eggs, milk, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Mix until it’s well-combined and the eggs begin to bubble.
● Sift coconut flour for clumps, and slowly add baking soda, turmeric, ginger powder, pepper, and salt to your liquid mix, as you continue to vigorously stir.
● When done, the batter should be smooth and thick.
● Transfer the batter to the prepared muffin tin, dividing the batter evenly up to ½ of the muffin liner.
● Fill muffin liners evenly with desired ingredients of Belgian chocolate and soaked then dehydrated walnuts.
● Put the rest of the muffin liners to about the top with batter to cover chocolate and walnuts.
● Bake for 25-30 minutes, until slightly browned around the edges.
● Remove muffins from the oven, and transfer muffins to a wire rack or suitable location to cool.
● Fill with coconut oil or butter to your preference, or just eat plain!
Tip: Can store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to one week, or in the freezer for up to one month.