** Note: This goes well with zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash.
** Note: This recipe takes about an hour to make from start to finish so make sure you leave enough time!
- 1 package grassfed ground beef
- 1-2 TBSP fat of choice (bacon fat, olive oil or butter/ghee all would be fine)
- 4 sausages of choice (pork or chicken are both fine)
- 8 medium sized tomatoes, diced (I like on the vine myself, but field or any other type will also do)
- 1 medium onion, diced (or sub 1 green onion)
- 1 package chopped mushrooms
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 TBSP Italian Seasoning
- 1 TBSP dried basil
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can green olives (make sure the ingredients are SCD friendly if this is an issue)
- 1 can black olives
- Place a large pot on the stove on medium heat. Add the fat and allow to melt.
- Add ground beef and start cooking
- Remove sausages from casings and add the meat to the ground beef
- Cook until the ground beef is no longer pink
- While the meat is cooking dice your tomatoes and add to the pot once the beef is cooked
- Allow meat and tomatoes to simmer together for a few minutes, until tomatoes start to break apart
- While tomatoes are cooking chop your onion and add to pot once tomatoes are ready, stir well
- Cook the sauce for a few more minutes (onion should start to go clear)
- Add the chopped mushrooms and stir well
- Chop both your bell peppers and once mushrooms are slightly cooked add to pot and stir well
- Add the seasonings and garlic to pot and stir well. Let the sauce simmer for about 15 minutes
- Add the olives and let simmer for another 10-15 minutes, or until sauce is desired thickness.
- Serve and enjoy!