Paleo Breakfast Porridge Recipe
- 2 ripe bananas (or one large, very ripe, plantain), mashed
- 2 cups coconut milk (or 1 can plus extra water)
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup flax meal
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- maple syrup or raw honey (optional)
- toppings like berries, unsweetened coconut flakes, nuts, seeds, etc… (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan and heat to a slow simmer, stirring, until thick and bubbly.
- The consistency will vary depending on the type of coconut milk you use. (I usually use “light” coconut milk) The mixture will seem thin at first but thicken up quickly. It will continue to thicken after it is served so you may need to add extra water or coconut milk.